History Viewer is a PB IDE-Tool, that is working like a personal version controling system. It is also useful as a kind of backup-system, cause you can simply restore almost any older Version of a source code and it doesn't need much space.
Whenever you release a product, you should freeze the sources and sent them to the "released projects".
It works like this: Whenever you open a sourcecode it will look in its history, if this file allready is there. If it isn't it will create a copy of the whole file. Whenever you close your IDE the changes to the previous version will be saved.
- load/restore any older code-version
- delete single versions
- ignore single sources and/or complete folders
- create initial history data of complete source-code-folder
- update all historys with one click
- add binaries to released projects
- see differences between versions
- automatic backups
- create own templates
- use sqlite (for private history) or decentralized postgresql (on a server e.g.)
- data compressed (and incremental)
- freeze versions, when released
- starting new branches
Installing Just doubleclick the exe and find your PureBasic-Folder.
Updating Just open History Viewer and go to ? / Check for update*
*Not possible at the time being, I first need to update my patch program. For now, just unzip the whole archive and overwrite anything.
- Added: You can set charset for sources without BOM
- Added: CSS of codeview now editable
- Added: x64 Version
- Added: Treeview can be changed (front color, back color, font)
- Changed: changed to unicode
- Added: Any individual history is deletable now. (Changes will be integrated in the following history)
- Changed: Select Archive Window now resizable
- Changed: Added a Version ComboBox to Archive-Window
- Fixed: When enabled "store histories directly on saving" no more backups have been created
- Added Storing histories into db directly after saving (not recommended, but requested)
- Changed: Position of Inputbox
- Changed: Adding Versions in projectview will now offer a suggestion (using last version of a project and adding '#2')
- Fixed: Inputbox didn't show, when hv looses focus (resulting in a no more usable hv)
- Fixed Properties of binaries are now disabled (and won't crash hv anymore)
- Added deleting of history folders
- Changed: Splitter now resizable to x=0
- Improved deleting/ignoring speed (but not much)
- Added possibility to search inside code (CTRL+F)
- Added defaultfont to templates
- Improved History-Creation-Speed, so hv won't block your pc anymore at the end
- Improved History Output: When selecting a history, the complete History will be loaded into memory. Then you can change between versions and/or templates nearly instantly (Well o.k., huge sources will still need some time to load into the WebGadget)
- Put History Output in an extra threat
- Fixed Copy/Move into released projects(No one realized this??)
- Added possibility to copy historys (for starting new branches)
- Added quickjump Window for Procedures and Structures (CTRL + I[nfo])
- Some more things i forgot...
- Changed format of backup files! Bad: The old backup files are no longer usable, you can delete them. Good: Now formats are the same for sqlite and postgre.This means, you can upload a postgre sql-backup into a sqlite database and vice versa.