History Viewer is a PB IDE-Tool, that is working like a personal version controling system.
It is also useful as a kind of backup-system, cause you can simply restore almost any older Version of a source code and it doesn’t need much space.
Whenever you release a product, you should freeze the sources and sent them to the “released projects”.
(Looking for the linux version?)
It works like this:
Whenever you open a sourcecode it will look in its history, if this file allready is there.
If it isn’t it will create a copy of the whole file.
Whenever you close your IDE the changes to the previous version will be saved.
- – load/restore any older code-version
- – delete single versions
- – ignore single sources and/or complete folders
- – create initial history data of complete source-code-folder
- – update all historys with one click
- – add binaries to released projects
- – see differences between versions
- – automatic backups
- – create own templates
- – use sqlite (for private history) or decentralized postgresql (on a server e.g.)
- – data compressed (and incremental)
- – freeze versions, when released
- – starting new branches
- – …
Just doubleclick the exe and find your PureBasic-Folder.
Just open History Viewer and go to ? / Check for update*
*Not possible at the time being, I first need to update my patch program.
For now, just unzip the whole archive and overwrite anything.
- – Added: You can set charset for sources without BOM
- – Added: CSS of codeview now editable
- – Added: x64 Version
- – Added: Treeview can be changed (front color, back color, font)
- – Changed: changed to unicode
- – Added: Any individual history is deletable now. (Changes will be integrated in the following history)
- – Changed: Select Archive Window now resizable
- – Changed: Added a Version ComboBox to Archive-Window
- – Fixed: When enabled “store histories directly on saving” no more backups have been created
- – Added Storing histories into db directly after saving (not recommended, but requested)
- – Changed: Position of Inputbox
- – Changed: Adding Versions in projectview will now offer a suggestion (using last version of a project and adding ‘#2’)
- – Fixed: Inputbox didn’t show, when hv looses focus (resulting in a no more usable hv)
- – Fixed Properties of binaries are now disabled (and won’t crash hv anymore)
- – Added deleting of history folders
- – Changed: Splitter now resizable to x=0
- – Improved deleting/ignoring speed (but not much)
- – Added possibility to search inside code (CTRL+F)
- – Added defaultfont to templates
- – Improved History-Creation-Speed, so hv won’t block your pc anymore at the end
- – Improved History Output:
When selecting a history, the complete History will be loaded into memory.
Then you can change between versions and/or templates nearly instantly
(Well o.k., huge sources will still need some time to load into the WebGadget)
- – Put History Output in an extra threat
- – Fixed Copy/Move into released projects(No one realized this??)
- – Added possibility to copy historys (for starting new branches)
- – Added quickjump Window for Procedures and Structures (CTRL + I[nfo])
- – Some more things i forgot…
- – Changed format of backup files!
The old backup files are no longer usable, you can delete them.
Now formats are the same for sqlite and postgre.This means, you can upload a postgre sql-backup into a sqlite database and vice versa.
- – Fixed a few things with the tool-installation.
- – Very first linux version ready for your pleasure.
- – Fixed a few bugs.
- – Fixed Singlequotes and backslashes.
- – Added possibility to rename files/folders
- – Added possibility to directly install into JaPBe
- – Added PostgreSQL!
Now it is possible to use a centralized Historydatabase.
(usable from anywhere)
- – Added possibility to delete the very last history
- – Added help file (not much in it, it’s just the beginning)
- – Changed from JCalG1 to zip.
All of your histories have to get updated!
(This is to make the database also usable with linux and Mac)
- – Added option to delete tempfiles when closing IDE.
- – Added program parameters to allow History Viewer to be used with other programing languages
- – […]
- – Added possibility to ignore files/folders
- – Fixed installation (sometimes it won’t install in the PB IDE)
- – Added possibility to rebuild Database
(when deleting historys/binaries, the database won’t get any smaller, so you can now make use of the rebuild function)
- – Some internal fixes